Actors and Extras (ABN 14 181 123 53) Actors and Extras is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information when using our Website and Services. This policy explains how we handle personal information and comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) (as amended). If you have any further questions in relation to this policy, please contact us via email at: email@example.com
- Your Actors and Extras account information;
- Login information;
- Cookies or Actors and Extras tracking software and systems;
- Registering for these Services and all other services by us;
- Any postings you create;
- Our websites, including, but not limited to, actorsandextras.com.au;
- Any of our Apps including but not limited to com.actorsandextras
- Any related Actors and Extras website, social media page, internal website, intranet and any related Actors and Extras mobile or App;
- Any other means through which an individual provides us personal information; and
- Any communications made via email or messaging systems.
Personal information is Important to Actors and Extras
- Where we refer to your ‘personal information’, it means information which identifies you as an individual and/or which renders you reasonably identifiable. Your full name, gender, date of birth, home address, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address, headshots, images, personal, professional or educational history and workplace contact details are examples of information which may constitute personal information.
- Actors and Extras is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. Providing personal information is an act of trust and we take it seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise and/or otherwise permissible by and/or required by law, Actors and Extras will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
- This collection allows Actors and Extras to provide these Services at a high standard including additional communication that you may find useful such as but not limited to special offers, promotional material and reminders.
- Personal information may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information that may be requested or provided by you includes, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth and current and valid email address,
- photographs of you including professional and personal images;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- sensitive information about you;
- information regarding your personal interests and interesting and relevant information about you;
- your online behaviour and interests based on your online browsing activity (including social interactions);
- location data;
- your credit card details (where you purchase any products or services from us);
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
You will be required to use your own email address and create your own password to access the Website under your login. It is your responsibility only to ensure these details are kept confidential, safe and secure.
How Actors and Extras Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- registered as a User;
- leave, post or publish a casting opportunity;
- log into your account;
- use any Actors and Extras tracking systems or software;
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel;
- purchase a subscription or prepaid credit or participate in any way via a Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any alerts, information releases, news, newsletters, updates and media releases, or request launch or event information or information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms to us;
- communicate with any other users on the Website platform; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
Passive Information Collection
As with many websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. We may collect information about the location, date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Purpose for which Actors and Extras Collects, Holds, Uses and Discloses Personal Information
Personal information collected will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following primary purposes jointly and/or severally:
- To render services related to Actors and Extras;
- To Register Users;
- To post casting opportunities;
- To maintain the functionality of a Website;
- To maintain our relationship with you;
- To respond to enquiries, complaints and complaints handling;
- To improve Website and system administration;
- To the extent permissible by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Actors and Extras in the circumstances.
For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with Actors and Extras group companies, Actors and Extras promotional partners and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas.
Protection of Personal Information
However, Actors and Extras reserves the right to use or disclose any information, including personal information, as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the rights or property of Actors and Extras, any member of the Actors and Extras group, or any member of the public, to protect the integrity of a Website, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
Actors and Extras will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details) and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers in Australia that are protected in controlled facilities.
Actors and Extras and links to Other Websites
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy policies, practices or statements. Actors and Extras is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of organisation linked to our Websites.
We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Actors and Extras or any of its affiliates. Actors and Extras is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Access and Correction to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on the Actors and Extras database. Information may be reviewed by contacting Actors and Extras via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary or your account is active or as needed to provide you with services on the Website. If you no longer want us to use your personal information to provide you with services, you may close your account. However, we may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreement.
Ability of Others to View Information
Actors and Extras may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated profile or job-post or provide information about yourself, personal images, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. Actors and Extras is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Sale of Company
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Actors and Extras to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.